I can honestly say that I didn’t always love tofu. Actually it was more like a love and hate relationship. I remember the first time I tried tofu in my Miso soup. I really didn’t know what to make of the spongy taste. But that was many years ago. It took a lot of Miso soups and recipe trials for me to like it as much as I do now. As time went by my cooking evolved and so did my palate. Tofu is so versatile and you can make pretty much anything with it.
Recently I have been replacing meat with Tofu in my recipes. I made this healthier version of Korean BBQ tacos with Asian slaw using one of my favorite brand’s organic extra firm tofu House Foods America. It gives my meals a little boost of protein. Additionally, House Foods is a wallet and environmentally friendly way to add protein to any meal of the day. This recipe is easy to make so lets start cooking!
1 12oz package of House Foods extra firm tofu
1 package of Asian Slaw
12 tortillas for street tacos
1 tbsp of Avocado oil
1 cup of Korean BBQ sauce
½ cup of Goat Cheese
Lime and Cilantro to garnish
The How to:
- In a mixing bowl place contents of the Asian Slaw and mix sauce according to directions. Let it sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Cut Cilantro and Limes.
- Remove Tofu from package, draining the water and pad dry.
- Cut Tofu into small cubes.
4. Pour the avocado oil and ½ cup of sauce in the pan with the tofu” until it is brown.
5. Drain and place tofu in a bowl, putting remaining sauce and mix.
6. Heat tortillas.
7. Arrange tortillas in a place, spoon tofu mixture, Asian slaw and top with Goat cheese.
8. Garnish with Cilantro and a squeeze of lime
While I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own.