Fries before anything, am I right? This is my favorite way to make seasoned fries then dip them in mayo ketchup. I use my Adobo seasoning and fry them in the air fryer. They are perfect for snacking, as an appetizer or even a side dish!
Let’s talk about the Air Fryer:
A few weeks ago, I succumbed to the peer pressure of buying an Air Fryer! (Not really, it took me forever to purchase one and I still don’t know why it took me this long!)
I purchased the Ninja Foodi- it Grills, Air Fries, Dehydrated, Roast and bake, like this one. It is virtually smoke free with smoke control technology. The Air Fryer comes with a 6 quart ceramic coated cooking pot, 10″x 10″ ceramic-coated grill grate, 4 quart ceramic coated crisper and 5 pack kebab skewers and cooking book! It is my new favorite kitchen gadget! This is in no way sponsored and it’s sorely my opinion. I own a few Ninja Applicances, so I am a fan!.
This was tested with chicken thighs and I was very impressed by the way they came out, it literally tasted like you just deep fried it, with a crunchy skin. So I thought fries will be a success!!
Preparing the seasoned fries
Potatoes: I used Russet potatoes. They have a neutral potato flavor, a fluffy, creamy and soft texture, and are best for baking, mashing and making French fries. Most people think that Idaho and Russet are two different kind of potatoes. Idaho refers to the harvesting location and Russet is for the kind of potato. For this recipe you will need about 10 medium Russet potatoes.
Oil: Since you are Air frying them, you won’t need a lot of oil. However you will still need some oil. After all you are frying but not deep frying. I prefer Peanut or Avocado oil because they have a higher smoking point – 520 for Peanut Oil and 450 for Avocado oil 520 degrees. A little bit goes a long way.
Seasoning: Around these parts we like to season our grub. Recently I shared my own PuertoRican Adobo seasoning recipe that you can easily make at home. It is my most pinned recipe. You can find the recipe here. As always you can add the amount of adobo to your preference.
Cooking the Fries:
1. Cut the potatoes in french fry style. Next Place them in a bowl with water so they don’t turn black.
2. Drain the bowl and pat the fries dry.
3. Add the peanut oil and Adobo to the fries and shake until they are fully coated.
4. Heat Air Fryer at 360 degrees until it signals to add the food.
5. Add fries and air fry for 30 mins. Shaking every 8 minutes so they cook evenly.
While you wait on the fries, let make the Mayo Ketchup sauce!
Let’s talk about the Mayo Ketchup Sauce
This is the thing, a lot of people claimed to have invented the mayo ketchup sauce or fry sauce. So I feel that we have known about this sauce all of our lives and that it is ours! LOL. In Puerto Rico is a staple in the table at home and at restaurants! We use it to dip tostones, fritters, chicken chicharron and on sandwiches and burgers.
It is easy to make and this is my take on it!
You will need:
– 4 tbsp Mayo ( I used Kewpie)
– 3 tbsp Ketchup
– 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
– ½ tsp Sriracha -Optional if you want to share the fries with the kiddos.
In a small bowl combine mayo, ketchup and garlic powder (and sriracha). Lastly, Mix until its combined. Set aside Dip fries and Enjoy!!
There you have it! This is a super easy and quick recipe. Next time you make fries, give this Air Fried Seasoned Fries with Mayo Ketchup a try!!
Air Fried Seasoned Fries with Mayo Ketchup
- Air Fryer – I use the Ninja Foodi
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Medium Bowl with water
- Bow to prepare sauce
- 10 Medium Russet Potatoes washed, cleaned and pat dry
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1.5 tbsp Puertorican Adobo
- 4 tbsp Mayo – I use Kewpie
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- ½ tsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp chives
Preparing the Seasoned Fries
- Cut potatoes into french fry style. Place in water so they won't turn black.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Add the peanut oil and adobo. Shake until all the fries are coated.
- Heat Air Frier at 360 degrees, until it alerts you to add the food.
- Add fries and air fry for 30 minutes.
- Shaking fries every 8 minutes, too cook evenly. Sprinkle with Chives.
Mayo Ketchup Sauce
- In a small bowl combine mayo, ketchup, sriracha and garlic powder. Mix until its combined. Set aside.
- Dip fries and Enjoy!!
Other Popular Recipes:
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche
- Easy Carned Asada with Cilantro and Onions
- Watermelon Cucumber Margarita
- Easy Chorizo, Egg And Potato Hash